Kuala Lumpur, 9 November 2017
Hong Leong Bank and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (“HLB” or “the Bank”) have put in place measures to help ease the burden of customers affected by floods in Penang, Kedah and Perak.
For qualifying customers, we have put in place the following measures since 6 November 2017:
- Up to six months moratorium on monthly installment payments for loans and financing for qualifying retail, SME and commercial customers
- Free replacement of bank-related documents destroyed or damaged by the floods, for example, cheque and passbooks, ATMs, debit & credit cards, bank statements
- Waivers of late payment
- Assisting customers in expediting insurance claims
- On a case by case basis consider the provision of temporary increases in loan or financing facilities
Effective from 8 November 2017:
- Participate in Bank Nagara Malaysia (BNM) RM500m Disaster Relief Facility to assist flood-hit small medium enterprises – applications open until 31 May 2018. Impacted customers may contact our accounts relationship and community banking managers.
For more information, please contact the Hong Leong Bank / Hong Leong Islamic Bank Customer Services helpline at 03 76268899 or visit our branch nearest to you.